Source Code 20: Embracing the Power of Presence
Written by Futurist, Executive Coach, Consultant, & Speaker, Ashley Mosaic, who is a 1/4 Generator with Cross of Maya 4 and conscious sun in Source Code 61.
Access full list of Source Codes (Gates/Keys/Hexagrams) here.
Book a discovery call to discuss my Executive Energetic Coaching and Consulting that merges energetics with strategy, here.
Official Name in Human Design: Contemplation and Gate of The Now
Purpose: Providing the energy and awareness for presence, speaking truth, and acting in the now.
Human Design definition: Recognition and awareness in the now which transforms understanding into right action. Contemplation is purely existential.
In action: Being present, taking action, and speaking truth in the now.
Body graph location: Throat, connecting to the G Center via Gate 10, to the Sacral via Gate 34, and to the Spleen via Gate
Grounding energy: Power, 34
Tropical astrology sign: Gemini
Gene Keys: Superficiality -> Self Assurance -> Presence
I Ching: Contemplation (Kuan)
Dates of solar transit (can vary by 1 to 2 days): May 21 - May 26
The 20th Gate, Key, and Hexagram guide us from the distraction of superficial engagements to the clarity and power found in the present moment. This path is about cultivating a deep sense of self-assurance that arises from genuine presence and mindfulness.
THE ENERGY IN ACTION
Defined in Chart: Individuals with Gate 20 defined in their charts possess a natural ability to be deeply attuned to the present moment. They demonstrate how acting from a place of centeredness and awareness can lead to effective and authentic expressions.
Sun Transit: When the sun transits through Gate 20, it accentuates the collective focus on mindfulness and the significance of "being" rather than "doing." It's a time to practice awareness and appreciate the power of now, recognizing how present-moment consciousness influences our interactions and decisions.
The high-frequency expression is using the power of presence and awareness to speak truth and act in the now moment. This energy trusts in the universe, the abundance of the now, and that everything will be released in divine timing.
The low-frequency expression is making choices and taking actions according to the mind rather than inner wisdom, and failing to be present in the now moment.
My personal experience:
I do not have this defined in my chart, however I have my design moon (sphere of Attraction) in 34.5 and my design Neptune in 10.4, which connect to gate 20. I have many, many times wished that I had 20 defined in my chart, believing it would help me act vs overthink - but I am reminded the gift of undefined throat and a sun in 61.1. I suspect it would be easy to act act act... without ample reflection, and the depth I bring to all things. I do however take advantage of a transit to 20 - and have experiment with acting, more quickly, in the now.
Human Design Gate 20: Contemplation and Gate of The Now
Quarter of Civilization, the Realm of Dubhe
This Gate is part of the Channel of Awakening, A Design of Commitment to Higher Principles, linking the Throat Center (Gate 20) to the G Center (Gate 10). Gate 20 is part of the Integration Channel with the keynote of self-empowerment. This Gate is a part of the Channel of The Brain Wave, A Design of Awareness, linking the Throat Center (Gate 20) to the Splenic Center (Gate 57). Gate 20 is part of the Individual (Knowing) Circuit with the keynote of empowerment. This Gate is part of the Channel of Charisma, A Design where Thoughts Must Be Deeds, linking the Throat Center (Gate 20) to the Sacral Center (Gate 34). Gate 20 is part of the Integration Channel with the keynote of self-empowerment.
Gate 20 is a purely existential gate that keeps us focused in the present, and supports our capacity to survive as ourselves. When our expression is properly timed, awareness will be transformed into words or actions that can impact people around us. This energy frequency is, and must be, totally absorbed in the present moment. It can give voice to Gate 57's intuitive survival awareness, to Gate 10's behavioral patterns and commitments to higher principles, or it can manifest Gate 34's sacral power through action toward individuation. Gate 20 expresses the full range of being in the moment from "I am now" to "I know I am myself doing now," but it does not consider the past or the future.
To be awake and aware, and to survive, we must be fully present to the moment and authentically ourselves. There is rarely time to mentally consider or control what comes bubbling up from inside of us, so what we say or what we do is suddenly there for everybody, including us, to witness. In fact, we often see when we are not looking, or hear when we are not listening. This is how the potential for evolutionary change hidden in each moment of existence is empowered within us. As we live by our Strategy and Authority, we become a living example. Our intuitive knowing, personal survival and mutative, self-loving behaviors influence or empower others.
Gene Key 20: The Sacred OM - From Surface to Depth
Embodying the Eternal Now
“The two trigrams that make up this hexagram are ‘the gentle wind’ and ‘the earth’, so we have to listen to the whispering wind of awareness, and let it blow into all the corners of our life.” – Richard Rudd, 64 Ways
Gene Key 20, known as "The Sacred OM," invites us on a profound journey from the Shadow of Superficiality, through the Gift of Self-Assurance, to the Siddhi of Presence. This key encapsulates the evolution from engaging in life at a mere surface level to diving into the depths of present-moment awareness, where the true essence of being is realized.
Shadow - Superficiality:
- The Shadow of Superficiality manifests as a disconnection from the present moment, leading to a life lived on autopilot, where actions and interactions lack depth and meaning. This shadow arises from an overemphasis on appearances and external validation, resulting in a sense of emptiness and disengagement from the richness of life.
- Personal Application: Identify areas in your life where you may be prioritizing form over substance, or where fear of depth might be leading you to stay at the surface. Acknowledge the longing for deeper connection and authenticity within yourself. Practices such as mindfulness and journaling can help in exploring and transcending this superficial layer, guiding you towards a more engaged and meaningful existence.
Gift - Self-Assurance:
- The Gift of Self-Assurance is unlocked as one moves beyond superficial engagements and begins to connect with their inner source of power and authenticity. Self-assurance here is not about arrogance or external confidence but about a deep, inner knowing that one is acting in alignment with their true self. It reflects a state of being where decisions and actions are guided by an inner compass rather than the opinions or expectations of others.
- Personal Application: Cultivate self-assurance by spending time in silence and reflection, getting to know your true desires, values, and principles. Practice listening to your inner voice and trusting in your ability to navigate life from a place of authenticity. Allow this inner confidence to inform your actions, knowing that true self-assurance comes from alignment with your core essence.
Siddhi - Presence:
- The Siddhi of Presence represents the ultimate realization that arises from the journey through superficiality and self-assurance - a profound and unshakeable awareness of the eternal now. Presence is the full immersion in the current moment, where the illusion of time dissolves, and one experiences the infinite nature of existence. It is in this state that the sacredness of life is truly encountered, and the individual becomes a conduit for the timeless essence of the OM.
- Personal Application: Deepen your practice of presence by being fully attentive to each moment, whether in meditation, nature, art, or daily activities. Embrace the beauty and sanctity of the now, letting go of past regrets and future anxieties. Recognize that presence is not something to be achieved but a natural state to be rediscovered, where every breath and every action becomes an expression of the divine.
Gene Key 20, "The Sacred OM," offers a transformative path from the distractions of superficial living to the profound clarity of self-assurance, culminating in the timeless state of presence. By embracing the journey inward and cultivating a deep connection with the now, we unlock the potential to live a life of genuine engagement, authenticity, and sacred awareness, embodying the essence of the OM in every moment.
I Ching Hexagram 20: Contemplation
You can only lead others toward growth
if you are willing to grow yourself.
Life can only be understood backwards,
but it must be lived forwards. – Kierkegaard
In the I Ching, Hexagram 20, known as "Guan" or "Contemplation," symbolizes the importance of observation, reflection, and the cultivation of a deeper understanding of oneself and one's place in the world. It emphasizes the value of looking inward and outward with clarity and purpose, fostering awareness and insight.
1. Cultivating Deep Observation:
- This hexagram encourages taking a step back to observe both the external environment and one's internal landscape. It teaches that true wisdom and understanding come from a place of quiet observation and contemplation, where one can see the interconnectedness of all things and gain insight into the nature of reality.
- Personal Application: Practice mindfulness and contemplation to enhance your awareness of the present moment. Spend time in nature, meditate, or simply observe your surroundings and internal states without judgment. Use these observations as a foundation for deeper understanding and insight.
2. Gaining Perspective through Contemplation:
- Hexagram 20 suggests that contemplation allows for a broader perspective, enabling one to see beyond immediate circumstances to the larger patterns at play. It highlights the importance of this broader view in making wise decisions and acting in alignment with the greater good.
- Personal Application: Engage in regular periods of contemplation to reflect on your life's direction, decisions, and actions. Consider how your personal journey aligns with the broader trends in your community and the world at large. Use these insights to guide your actions and choices.
3. The Role of Reflection in Leadership:
- The hexagram also speaks to the role of leaders in setting an example through their contemplative practice. It suggests that by embodying the qualities of awareness, reflection, and insight, leaders can inspire others to cultivate these same qualities, leading to a more conscious and harmonious society.
- Personal Application: If you are in a position of influence or leadership, recognize the power of your example. Demonstrate the value of contemplation and mindfulness in your decision-making and interactions. Encourage others to adopt a reflective practice, fostering a culture of awareness and thoughtful action.
Hexagram 20 from the I Ching, "Contemplation," offers profound guidance on the importance of observation, reflection, and gaining a deeper understanding of oneself and the world. It reminds us that wisdom arises from a place of stillness and awareness, encouraging us to cultivate these qualities within ourselves to navigate life with clarity and purpose.
Tips for Integrating and Utilizing this Energy
- Practicing Mindfulness: Leverage the energy of Gate 20 to deepen your mindfulness practice. Engage fully with the present moment, whether in work, conversation, or solitude.
- Expressing Authentically: Encourage authentic expression by acting from a place of present-moment awareness. Let your words and actions be a true reflection of your inner state, guided by the clarity and self-assurance that arise from being fully present.
Gate 20, Key 20, and Hexagram 20 collectively offer a pathway to discovering the power of presence and the richness of life experienced in the now. By transcending superficial distractions and cultivating a deep sense of self-assurance, individuals are empowered to live with purpose, clarity, and a profound sense of being connected to the eternal flow of life.
To further explore what this energy signifies for you, book a session or inquire on my Executive Coaching HERE.
View The Entire Collection
See all our blog posts on business, manifestation, and designing a life you love.